Smart Switch is a free application developed by Samsung to make contact, photos, and message sharing between old Android and new Galaxy smartphones more accessible. The app is available for both mobile and desktop users.
Cell Clinic is here with a step by step guide on how to use Samsung smart switch to move data between old and new Samsung smartphones. No matter whether your old phone is an Apple iPhone, Motorola, or Huawei, you can use this app to migrate all your previous phone data to your new Galaxy smartphone. Well, for this guide, we have used Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge as an example to explain things.
But before we get started with the guide, it's essential that you know what content can be transferred using the Samsung Smart Switch Application. So, have a look below to know all the transferrable data.
What Data Or Content Can Be Transferred Using Smart Switch Application?
One can quickly transfer SMS messages, contacts, music, videos, memos, calendar events, wallpapers, photos, etc. from an old Android phone to the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone. No matter whether you've stored files in the internal memory of the phone or SD card, it will get transferred breezily.
List Of Compatible Devices
Samsung Smart Switch Application is compatible with all the eligible Samsung, Blackberry, Apple and other Android smartphones running on Android version 4.4 or above and have at least 1.5 GB of RAM.
How To Use Smart Switch App To Move Data To Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge?
You can use this app to migrate data from a wide range of smartphones to your Samsung phones. However, here in this guide, we have used Galaxy S7 and S7 edge as an example to explain you the steps and process. If you've any different Samsung smartphone model, the process will remain the same.
So, if you want to migrate data from your old smartphone to a new Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge phone, Samsung Smart Switch app can be beneficial. Here we have covered all the possible cases of transferring data between phones including S7 and S7 edge models. So, have a look below to know everything and proceed accordingly to migrate data from your old smartphone to the new Galaxy smartphone.
Transferring Data From Any Android Phone To Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
● First of all, you need to download and install the Samsung Smart Switch App on both your android phones.
● Once the app is installed, launch it on both old and new phones.
● Now here you need to select "Android To Galaxy" option on both your smartphones.
● Next, you need to go to your old smartphone and select all the items that you want to move and then tap on the "Transfer" button.
● Wait for a few seconds now and let the two devices get connected. Once the connection is established, tap on "Ok" in your Galaxy smartphone.
That's it. The data will start moving from your old to new Galaxy smartphone. Once the process is completed, tap on the "Done" button to finish the app process.
Transferring Data From An iPhone To Your New Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Using iCloud Account
If your old phone is an iPhone, the first thing you need to do is make an iCloud backup of your phone. To do this, go to settings >> iCloud and then Storage & Backup. Now tap on "Back Up Now." That's it you've successfully made an iCloud Backup of your iPhone. Now follow the below steps to start transferring data from your iPhone to your new Samsung Galaxy device.
Go to Play Store and download the Samsung Smart Switch app on your new Galaxy phone.
Open the app and select "Import From iCloud Option."
Right after you select the above option, you need to sign in with your Apple id and password.
Once you log in, select the latest iCloud backup entry and choose the items that you want to transfer to your new Galaxy phone.
Now all you need to do is tap on "Import," and data transfer will begin. Once it's done, tap on the "Done" button to end the app process.
Transferring Data To Galaxy Phones Using Samsung Smart Switch PC/Mac App
Smart Switch App is not limited to smartphones only; you can also use it on your PC or MAC to restore data from previous Samsung backups or iTunes backup. Follow the below steps:
● Start by downloading and installing the Samsung Smart Switch Application on your PC/MAC system.
● Launch the application and connect your phone to the system via USB cable.
● Next, you need to click on "Restore" and then click on "Change Data to Restore." Select the backup file that you want to restore from.
● Now select the items or files that you want to transfer. Once selected, tap on the "Ok" button and then "Restore Now."
How To Backup Your Smartphone Data Using Samsung Smart Switch?
Start by launching the Samsung Smart Switch PC/MAC application and then follow the below steps:
● Click "Backup" on the interface to start the process.
● An allow access window will open on your tablet or smartphone, simply tap "Allow" to proceed and create the backup.
● Once the backup process ends, you will see a summary of the data backed up on your pc. Simply click "Ok" to end the process after completion.
Samsung Smart Switch Comes With A Lot More Options And Features
Smart Switch app features several other options and features that can help you manage your tablet or smartphone more appropriately. To access these options and features, simply click on the "More" option and then select any from the following menu options.
● Smartphone or tablet software system recovery and initializing
● Reinstalling a malfunctioning device driver on the tablet or smartphone
● Smart switch Preference management
● Samsung smart switch online support
● The current version and license information
So, that's how you can use the Samsung Smart Switch App to transfer data from an old smartphone to your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone. We hope this step by step guide has explained all the points and steps appropriately and now you won't face any issue while migrating the data to your new smartphone. So, that's all for now and thanks for reading this post.
About Cell Clinic
British Columbia's trusted cell phone repair and certified pre-owned smartphone sales centre - BC owned & family operated - proudly serving BC residents & beyond since 2014. We are dedicated to customer service excellence, and are proud of our many 5-star reviews on Google, Yelp & Facebook.
Cell Clinic Vancouver - 935 Seymour Street9-6 (Mon-Sat), 11-4 (Sun) 604-558-2424
Cell Clinic Surrey - 15387 - 104 Avenue, Unit 11010-6 (Mon-Fri), 10-5 (Sat), 11-4 (Sun) 604-580-3434