Summer is now among us and with that comes beaches, pools and all around water front fun. At Cell Clinic Vancouver, this is the time of year where we see endless cases of water-damaged phones. While most of them can be saved, others are gone forever along with their priceless data, after going for a swim. Our recommendation to avoid this is to get a waterproof phone case to protect your investment this summer. Although a water proof case may not always be a feasible option for everyone at all times, here is a little tip to keep your phone safe for virtually no cost.
Water proof your phone with a zip lock sandwich bag
That’s right, a simple zip lock bag can keep your smartphone safe from water, all the while allowing you to continue to use its functions. Since the material of the bag is so thin, it actually allows you to use the touch screen of your phone, while the phone is still in the bag. Also, since the bag is transparent, you will still be able to take pictures with your smartphone. This trick works best with any Apple iPhone but also works great with Samsung, LG, Nexus, Sony and other smartphones.
For this to work best, make sure you use a “double lock” Ziploc bag. This will give you the added protection to help make sure water does not leak in and damage your phone.
This low cost cell phone protection will help give you piece of mind while enjoying the best things summer in Vancouver has to offer. If you do happen to expose your phone to water, come into our downtown Vancouver location for some free advice and diagnosis. Remember we don’t charge unless we can fix your smartphone :)
summer is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors and go on adventures. But it's also a time when your cell phone is at risk of being lost or damaged. Here are a few tips to help keep your smartphone safe during the summer months:
1. Keep it with you at all times. If you're going to the beach or swimming pool, make sure your cell phone is in a waterproof case or bag.
2. Avoid leaving it in hot cars. The heat can damage your phone's battery and cause other problems.
3. Don't leave it unattended in public places. It's tempting to set your phone down while you're getting a drink or using the restroom, but this is when it's most vulnerable to being stolen.
4. Be careful around water. Water and cell phones don't mix, so avoid taking your phone into the shower, pool, or any other bodies of water.
5. Use a screen protector. A cracked screen is not only unsightly, but it can also make your phone more susceptible to damage.
6. Keep it clean. summertime means lots of outdoor activities, which can lead to your phone getting dirty. Wipe it down regularly with a soft cloth to remove any dirt, sand, or pollen.
7. Invest in a good case. A durable case will help protect your phone from drops, bumps, and scratches.
8. Make sure your software is up to date. Keeping your phone's software up to date will help it run smoothly and prevent any potential summertime glitches.
9. Back it up. Regularly backing up your phone's data will help you avoid losing important files if your phone is lost or stolen.
By following these tips, you can help keep your cell phone safe and in good condition all summer long.